Sheet metal press parts have the characteristics of light weight, high strength, electrical conductivity (can be used for electromagnetic shielding), low cost, and good mass production performance. They are widely used in the fields of electronics, communications, automotive industry, and medical equipment. For example, in computer cases, mobile phones, and MP3, sheet metal parts are an indispensable part.
(1) Burr: In the process of punching or trimming the edges and corners, the remaining material is not completely left, and the burr is generated at the lower part of the cut surface of the steel plate. When the height of the burr is above 0.2mm, the iron powder will damage the mold and produce covex or concave.
(2) Concave and convex: The surface of the material is abnormally convex or concave, which is caused by foreign matter (iron filings, dust) in the unwinding line.
(3) Roller printing: it is caused by foreign matter attached to the cleaning roller or the feeding roller (occurred at a fixed pitch). Under normal circumstances, the foreign matter of the roller printing on the sheet can be removed.
(4) Sliding mark: It is caused by the sliding of the roller and occurs when it stops or accelerates suddenly.
(5) The crushing of the coil material may cause the edge of the sheet metal press parts to wrinkle: the guide roller of the uncoiling line may be caused by the small guide roller gap on the mold, which is caused by the unbalanced feeding of the coil.
(6) Scratches: The main reason for the scratches on the sheet metal press parts is due to sharp scars on the mold or metal dust falling into the mold. The preventive measures are mainly grinding the scars on the mold and removing the metal dust.
(7) Bottom cracking: The main reason for the bottom cracking of sheet metal press parts is poor plasticity of the material or excessive pressing of the die holder. Preventive measures can be to replace materials with better plasticity or loosen the holder.
(8) Wrinkles on the side wall: The main reason for the wrinkles on the side wall of the sheet metal press parts is that the thickness of the material is not enough (the smaller the allowable thickness is thin) or the upper and lower molds are installed eccentrically, resulting in a large gap on one side and a small gap on the other. The preventive measures are immediate replacement of materials and readjustment of molds.